PITTSFIELD, Mass. — Firefighters extinguished a chimney fire on East Housatonic Street Monday evening.
According to the Fire Department, a passerby had noticed embers being discharged from a chimney at 91 East Housatonic Street. There was an active fire in the chimney and firefighters spent more than an hour extinguishing the blaze and removing the contents.
The Fire Department is reminding homeowners to clean the chimney and liner on a consistent basis and thanked the passerby who reported the fire.
Pittsfield.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue. Name-calling, personal attacks, libel, slander or foul language is not allowed. All comments are reviewed before posting and will be deleted or edited as necessary.