|BCC Pinning Ceremony Recognizes Practical Nurse Graduates|
|02:07PM / Friday, July 13, 2018|
|Twenty-two graduates of the Practical Nurse certificate program at Berkshire Community College were recognized June 14 during a pinning ceremony.|
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — Twenty-two graduates of the Practical Nurse certificate program at Berkshire Community College were recognized June 14 during a pinning ceremony in the Robert Boland Theatre of the college's Koussevitzky Arts Center.
Nurse Catherine Stechmann, staff development coordinator at Hillcrest Commons Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility and clinical instructor, addressed the students.
The ceremony is a time-honored nursing school tradition, dating back before the turn of the 20th century. Traditionally, nursing students have conducted an honors or pinning ceremony to mark the passage of student nurse role to practice role. It is an emotional event that is shared with family, friends, faculty and others important to the students' education.
Pins and certificates were presented to the graduates:
· Canaan, Conn.: Isabel Cristina Castaneda-Monsalve
· Cheshire: Chiara M. Paris, Arpita M. Patel
· Dalton: Chelsea Suzanne Hand, Kayla D. Robinson
· Lee: Aja J. Ostrander
· North Adams: Kellie L. Berkeley
· Pittsfield: Dorcas S. Archer, Vivian Arkilley Cobbold, Marie J. Blankson-Atté, Margaret M. Brown, Taleara M. Hillery, Chaquoya C. Johnson, Vanessa S. Johnson, Lynn M. Mandell, Annmarie B. Marby, Victoria Nyamekah, Sarah A. Pettit, Kelly N. Phipps, Jackie Rosario, Banchigize Chekol Tafet.
· Salem: Rodney Toussaint
Awards were presented to the following students:
· Clinical Award: Lynn M. Mandell
· Academic Award: Isabel Cristina Castaneda-Monsalve
· Professionalism Award: Jackie Rosario
BCC's Practical Nursing Program Faculty comprises Ava Durley, Tricia Guerino, Chris Martin, Lori Moon and Barb Tracy. More photos can be found on BCC's Flickr account.
Graduates of the 10-month program are eligible to sit for the Licensed Practical Nurse (NCLEX-PN).