|Miss Hall's School Graduates 60 Students|
|12:45PM / Thursday, June 04, 2020|
|MHS Head of School Julia Heaton speaks at from the Quad, behind the Main Building at MHS, at the 2020 virtual graduation ceremony on May 31.|
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — Sixty students, including sixteen from Berkshire County and nearby communities, graduated on Sunday, May 31, during Miss Hall’s School's 2020 graduation.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the program this year was held online, with students and their families from around the globe joining via Zoom. The event, which was also live-streamed, included remarks from Board of Trustees President Nancy Gustafson Ault, MHS Class of 1973; Head of School Julia Heaton; Senior Class President Ria Kedia of Pittsfield; and School President Ayla Wallace of York, Pa. Actress Jayne Atkinson, selected by the class as its speaker, sent special words of wisdom to the seniors.
Among the Class of 2020 graduates are the following local students: Ella Biancolo of Pittsfield; Emily Carmel of Pittsfield; Hannah Chrzanowski of Dalton; Maya Creamer, of Pittsfield; Angela Guachione of Pittsfield; Meredith Hall of Adams; Olivia Irion of Washington; Ria Kedia of Pittsfield; Lanna Knoll of Great Barrington; Emma Kotelnicki of Dalton; Isabelle Lapierre of Dalton; Soleil Laurin of Pittsfield; Jenna Maces of Pittsfield; Téa Mazzeo of Pittsfield; Kathryn Sirois of Stockbridge; and Charlotte Smith of New Marlborough.
The following awards were also bestowed on members of the Class of 2020:
• Joseph F. Buerger Memorial School Spirit Cup: Emily Carmel of Pittsfield
• Margaret Witherspoon Award: Ayla Wallace of York, Pa.
• Christine Fuller Holland ’33 Service Prize: Bingqi Wang of Jinan, Shandong, China
• Faculty Commendation Award: Jingtong Zhang of Luoyang, China
• Meus Honor Stat Keys Awarded for MHS Core Competencies:
Vision: Zhongyin Zhang, of Guangzhou, China
Voice: Ria Kedia of Pittsfield
Interpersonal Efficacy: Khanh Nguyen of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Gumption:Jacqueline Mosley of Washington, D.C.
• Sylvia "Rusty" Shethar Everdell ’38 Prize: Angela Guachione of Pittsfield
• Andrea Becker ’79 Prize: Jiho Shin, Class of 2021, of Seongnam, South Korea
• Paul C. Cabot Jr. History Prize: Lomesia Allen of Plainfield, N.J.
• Senior Prize in Engineering and Tech Innovation: Linh Chi Tran of Hanoi, Vietnam
• Iive Rouse Science Award: Isabelle Lapierre, of Dalton
• James K. Ervin Mathematics Prize: Ria Kedia of Pittsfield
• Horizons Prize: Bingqi Wang of Jinan, Shandong, China
• Spanish Prize: Isabelle Lapierre of Dalton
• Mansfield E. Pickett Latin Prize: Ria Kedia of Pittsfield
• Monique Jalbert French Prize: Emily Carmel of Pittsfield
• Virginia Breene Wickwire ’67 Reading Prize: Yuka Nakano of Tokyo, Japan
• Doris E. Pitman English Prize: Zhongyin Zhang of Guangzhou, China
• Photography Award: Xuanxuan Song of Tianjin, China
• Susanna McCreath Music Prize: Ria Kedia of Pittsfield; Khanh Nguyen of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; and Riagain Wiley of Riverdale, N.Y.
• Angela Kalischer Theater Prize: Emily Carmel of Pittsfield and Erica Morales-Armstrong of Harlem, N.Y.
• Ceramics Award: Soleil Laurin of Pittsfield
• Elizabeth Gatchell Klein Studio Art Prize: Napasorn Visuthiwat of Pathumthani, Thailand.